May 23, 2012

Well, Good morning bloggers! I'm not saying this is going to be a daily thing, but I am here two days in a row. Amazing huh?

I have a few things I want to share though. 

First, I'm a little disappointed this morning in someone who I thought was a really nice person. She had a little hissy fit yesterday, because some things didn't turn out quite the way she wanted, and it caused some real pain. Someone was really hurt. Wounded.

Now this wounded person is someone I only recently met. They have a lot on their plate though, and sometimes you just have to say 'No, I'm sorry, I can't do that right now.' No matter how badly you want to, you just can't be everything that everyone else expects. Unless you are some kind of superhero, you are going to have times when you just can't do something and still meet all your responsibilities. And I think even they disappoint from time to time.

As a result of this whole thing, the wounded person is considering a drastic cut from a part of her life that she really needs. That would just be too sad. It would make a lot of other people sad and wounded too. I'm feeling just a little wounded myself, because I know there isn't much I can do to fix this.

OK. Enough about that. On to better, happier things.

I got to make some ATC's yeterday. It took all day with all the procrastinating I was doing, but I finished my set of 'Something Red' cards. I even think they're pretty good. You tell me what you think...



I had fun with them once I got going. The butterflies are stamped in black then colored with watercolor pencils. I did not wet them though. I didn't want the colors to run.

I was so excited about figuring out how to take good photos of ATC's that I took several more! These are from swaps that I have done recently. I don't even have returns for some of them yet, but most of them are just about done and on the way back to me. First is the 'Coffee Klatch' card...



Then the 2 for 'Tell me a story...

First Reginold, who finally understood. As he sat on the embankment waiting for the ambulance to take him to the hospital, he reflected on his driving habits. "Speed Kills." He coined a new phrase in that instant, that life changing instant when his car flipped over.



And this is Mortimer and Ethel. Mortimer met Ethel when he ran over her in the park with his bicycle. When she got up and dusted herself off, she asked if he would take her for a ride. He knew then that she was the girl for him! The next day he proposed. She, of course, said yes, and they rolled off into the red dust of Oklahoma.



This is the card I made for the fairy swap...



And last but not least, the TIM HOLTZ products cards for a Swap-Bot swap...




These are all I had time for this morning, but maybe I will have time later to take photos of my favorites to post some other time. You got six though, that's not bad. lol

For right now though, I have about a dozed sets of ATC's to make for June swaps. If they are all going to go out around the first, I need to get crackin! lol

See you all later!

--Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment